I’ve put together a list of tips and foreknowledge of things that are inevitable to happen at every wedding. Be prepared but don’t worry; this happens to the best of all the brides!
1. Your wedding dress is going to drag on the ground… Don’t worry about it because that is what it is suppose to do! The bottom of the dress is going to get dirty no matter how many times you have your girls pick it up or how much you try to protect it.
2. If your dress is made with tulle or has layers, don’t be alarmed when a bug gets stuck in your material. Yes, this happens every single time.
3. Bring heel protectors for your shoes because you are more than likely to be walking in grass, dirt or something that your heel may get stuck in. Heel protectors will save you the mess! It’s also nice to purchase them for your bridesmaids or guests if they have to walk in grass.
4. As much as we try to think positive, the groom or one of his groomsmen are usually running late. Tell them to be there 15-30 minutes early but don’t tell them its early or they are more than likely going to be running late. If you tell them earlier than you want then they will be right on time if you know what I mean.
5. If you are going to have your hair in an updo, expect there to be some wind and ask for the hair stylist to make sure that there is enough hair spray to keep it in place. Extra hold!
6. Be sure to have lots of time for your hair and make up artist to work on you and your bridesmaids. Usually they run late due to unforeseen issues or maybe you want something changed on your hair that you thought might look better so they will need more time. We don’t want you to stress out on the day of your wedding or run late so tell them you want to be ready an hour before the actual time you really need to be ready by.
7. Make sure to have one of your bridesmaids bring lipstick with them to retouch up your makeup. You will be kissing the groom a lot!
8. Try to do all of the reception activities within the 1st hour so that guests do not leave right away. Such as the cake cutting, the first dance, father-daughter dance, mother-son dance, etc.
9. Bring a nice hanger for your dress. It looks so much better to have a nice hanger in your photos with a personal touch! Then you can keep the hanger with the dress after the wedding.
10. Bring flats or your most comfortable shoes because your feet will hurt by the end of the night.
11. Bring an emergency kit with all of your bridal needs!
Check out my blog post titled Important Items for Your Wedding Day where you can download a list of all your bridal emergency needs.